Historical Town Hall of Schwalenberg
The historical town hall of Schwalenberg is an outstanding example of half-timbered architecture in style of the so-called Weser Renaissance. With its artistic design and beauty it dominates the cityscape, although it's not located in the centre of the city as other town halls are. Today's building complex consists of four different parts: The gabled core building (1579), the left extension with the council chamber (1603), the rear quarry stone extension (1853) and the right extension (1907/08). The town hall contains magnificent hall paintings that depict the life and customs of the small farmland city.